Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Winter blues hits me hard and i feel bad for Danny who has to be around this grumpy girl the most. The shoveling, the scraping, the slipping on ice and being cold is not my idea of a fun season. Yeah sure you look outside and its beautiful when you see the fresh fallen snow, the white city, but for the most part, time to enjoy it is limited. Things are more expensive it seems and things just get to be a hassle. But since Wesley seems to enjoy the snow i do like it more because of that but i get cautious for him Since age is creeping up on me i cant do the things i used to, i get hurt easier and recover slower so having fun in the snow is not as fun when you have to be more cautious. I hate being too cautious when it comes to adventure. With some things like summer sports and activities i don't know before I'm probably going to get hurt but when i go snowboarding i know i most likely probably will since it wont be as much fun if i don't come close to being hurt. I also know that going skiing or snowboarding is super cool so hey how can i stop when the pressure is on and i am striving in life to be so cool by freezing my ace off and throwing myself down a mountain. However there are some rare cases that the snow is so good that you can do whatever and you dont feel like you wasted your money or time. I guess I'm not cool enough to say that i like it no matter what, or I'm a snow snob, but whatever it is i just like to have fun, stay warm and not get hurt in the snow. For some odd reason in my mind i would rather hurt myself climbing, biking, playing soccer or whatnot. To me snow is only good for falling in when very deep, giving the earth moisture and looking pretty, other than that i say "i hate you snow you depress me, you need to be warmer and not so slippery ok!!The sun is very nice to me, i love outdoors and to me its better when its warm and maybe i just like the actual activities more. Anyway here is a video clip(my front flip attempt) of a great day in the snow that makes me and snow have a better relationship. It was good to me one or two days out of the year cuz i could try this and know i wouldnt get hurt.
front flip attempt

3 comments:

Hannah S said...

You're so funny. I knew you liked the outdoors so I assumed you liked to ski, etc. I agree w/you about the snow though..pretty but cold and annoying at times. Do you want to eventually move somewhere warmer?

pig6590 said...

Cheer up Jossy. The sun will soon shine on your face again and besides Wesley is the coolest kid ever. You know it is never cold in Mesa and the homes are cheap now.

Veronica said...

When did we get so old? I'm the same way. I grew up IN THE MOUNTAINS and now I hate three inches of snow. Silly. I think you're still quite adventurous, even if it feels like you're loosing your hold. Let's buy a place in the Dominican Republic. I watched all about it last night on House Hunters. Hahahaha.