Thursday, October 09, 2008

Sleepless night because of a crazy woman

Sleepless night because of a crazy woman

Ok I just had to blog this because it was weird and scary. We have had some bad experiences before like being robbed at our old apt while we were sleeping and or the people next to us yelling and keeping us up all night or meeting a guy and finding out later that he killed his wife a week later. But wed night we had a weird encounter with a lady that we think was on drugs and or drunk. At like 12:30 we hear some talking we were not sure if it was one person or two but then suddenly we hear a pounding noise at our door and it gets louder and louder and we hear a womans voice saying "ah come on open, open." The pounding on our front door lasted a good while and after the first loud pound danny calls 911. while we wait for the cops to show up this lady is going to every door and every window pounding and hard as she can trying to get in and yelling. we see her hands scrape the window like an old scary Halloween movie. then she moves to the sliding glass door and starts pounding on that and trying to get in we turn on the light out there and finally see her. She had long brown/reddish hair, in a tank top(its was cold out too)with tattoos everywhere. Our faces and eyes meet and we can hear her and shes saying "open the door" over and over. We said to her do you need help like 5 times and her reply was "are you retarded." Well I probably did look retarded with my hair all crazy,black mascara smudged eyes and the freaked out face I was making. Finally she too off running and the cops got there two minutes too late. He starts looking for her up and down the street then she comes running down the street again and started rolling around on our lawn. We call 911 and tell them we see her again and the cop comes and finally catches her. phew!! all done. of course i cant sleep after something like that.  Especially considering we have been robbed before and one of my clients just told me that same day that there was a woman going around scoping out house to rob. yikes! it was a different lady but still yikes. well we think she was just having some drug/alcohol related symptoms and maybe she thought our house was the house she was suppose to be at or was her house. she seemed like she was frustrated that she couldn't get in like it was her house. anyways that was a scary night, i grabbed Wesley brought him into out bed and couldn't get it out of my head. i think Danny got a little sleep since nothing ever seemed to worry him AS Much as it does me. hey other than that things are great, Wesley is learning and growing great and life is just dandy! p.s. lock your doors at all times you never know when someone will try to get in when they don't even know where they are or if they do!

6 comments:

Loree said...

oh my gosh! how scary. that would totally freak me out too. it gave me the shivers. glad you were all ok and the cops got the crazy lady. good thing you keep your house locked up too. i always keep our locked. well last night someone vandalized our car in the driveway. we think it was some dumb teenagers. they wrote some nasty gay rights messages on our window and decorated with peanut butter and salsa & other stuff. what a nice thing to wake up too. seems like a cowardly thing to do to show your beliefs. they must have opposed our yes to marriage sign in our yard. There are Crazy people everywhere we go. YIKES! i hope you will all sleep better tonight :)

Amanda said...

Yeah, that is WAY weird! I would have been freaking out! Hey, I hope you guys are doing well. I haven't seen you since we got together for Danny's birthday years and years ago, but I gotta say that Wesley is SO handsome! I think it is so awesome you guys took him to Peru! I hope Rob and I do that someday with our kids (when we have some). Hope all is well (and no more crazy ladies come around)!

The Bates said...

That is so scary! I definatley double checked the doors last night after I read this. Dad Bates showed me pictures and video of Wesley from his trip. He is so cute. I love how much hair he has. We can't wait to see you guys in a month and a half.

Brosita said...

YIKES!!!!
That is so creepy. I have a sister in law that had an experience like that, except it was a guy pounding on the door and just her kids were home...so they jumped out the back window and ran to a neighbors house....they were freaked!
I hope you sleep better tonight.

Hannah S said...

Whoa! That is scary! Ugh. Where do you live again? Did the cops ever come and report to you what was wrong w/her?

Amber Bailey Stevenson said...

Holy Crap I would have freaked out. That is so weird. I'd say you were very patient with her.

Geez, maybe you guys should think about moving.:D